Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Please share dinner idea's with me!!

It seems like I cook the same old stuff all the time for my family. I would like someone to share some good recipes that are pretty easy. Here is one my family really likes:

crock pot chicken over rice Witches
4 frozen chicken breast
2 Tlb of Italian seasoning(dried)
1 26 oz of cream of chicken soup
cook on high for about 2hrs and then low for 2 more hrs then add 8oz sour cream let cook for another 1/2 hr.
cook up minute rice separate right before you eat
serve chicken in the crock pot over rice.





4 comments:

The Price Family said...

Hey Shawny,
If you want meal ideas I found a website off of a friends that gives you recipes and the grocery list for the recipes.
www.weeklymealoptions.blogspot.com
see if that helps, I think I might try it out. Just some ideas :)

Ramanda said...

Shawny!!!!!
I had a blast looking at your blog! It's like we are instantly caught up! I don't like missing out on watching your kids grow up though! I wish we were closer!

So a dinner idea...we love pizzadillas. lay a couple of tortillas on a cookie sheet spead pizza or spagetti sauce over it, then your mozzarella and pepperoni. cook for 10-15 monutes at 375 and slice em and eat em! So kid friendly and serve it with a salad for those nights that cooking is the last thing on your mind!!!!


Love ya!!!!

Shafferprincess said...

Shawny - I am so glad I found your blog. (I stumbled onto it off of Kristi and Courtney's blog!) It's so good to see your blog and see how you are doing. It's been a while, and I've thought a lot about you guys, and Celest and Delsi, too! Feel free to check my blog out!! I'm trying a new recipe for chicken today - I'll let you know how it turns out! Keep in touch!

Renee (Goodrich) Shaffer

Shafferprincess said...

Shawny - okay, I tried this recipe, and it's REALLY good. So, here's the recipe:

Roast Sticky Chicken

4 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 large roasting chicken -- as big as you can
-- find
1 cup chopped onion

1.In a small bowl, thoroughly combine all the spices. Remove giblets from chicken, clean the cavity well and pat dry with paper towels.

2.Rub the spice mixture into the chicken, both inside and out, making sure it is evenly distributed and down deep into the skin. Place in a resealable plastic bag, seal and refrigerate overnight.

3.When ready to roast chicken, stuff cavity with onions, and place in a shallow baking pan. Roast, uncovered, at 250 degrees for 5 hours (yes, 250 degrees for 5 hours).

4.After the first hour, baste chicken occasionally (every half hour or so) with pan juices. The pan juices will start to caramelize on the bottom of pan and the chicken will turn golden brown. If the chicken contains a pop-up thermometer, ignore it. Let chicken rest about 10 minutes before carving.